The tasty turkey goes great with the sweet pineapple sauce.
I can already tell it’s going to be a family favorite. 🙂
You will need the following ingredients:
1) Dredge the chicken pieces in 1/2 cup flour, then season with salt and pepper.
2) Heat the oil olive in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides. While the chicken is cooking, I chopped my veggies. (I don’t peel my potatoes but feel free if that’s what you prefer.)
3) Place the browned chicken, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, thyme, 3 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper into the slow cooker. Mix to combine, then pour in the chicken stock. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low.
4) Just before serving, add the peas, Dijon mustard, dill, and parsley into the slow cooker. Mix to combine and warm the peas through.
5) To serve, place a biscuit in each bowl, spoon the chicken mixture over the biscuit. Sprinkle a little dill on top if you like and then you dive in!
Skip To My Lou
Serendipity and Spice
Today’s Creative Blog
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Shabby Nest
Tatertots and Jello
Organize and Decorate Everything
House of Hepworths
DIY Show Off
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
DIY Home Sweet Home
It’s Over Flowing
Home Stories A to Z
The Southern Institute
Miss Mustard Seed
Served wrapped in a tortilla or as desired. Enjoy!
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon ground coriander
coarse salt and pepper, to taste
1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup water
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1) In a slow cooker, stir together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, onion, vinegar, coriander, and salt and pepper. Add chicken and carrots, toss to coat. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 6 hours.
2) Cook rice according to package instructions.
3) in a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch with water. Ladle about half of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker into the pan; whisk to combine. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
4) Serve the chicken with sauce and white rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!