Hi there friends! Long time, no see. You may have noticed I took about a week off since little Britton was born. It wasn’t really planned rather, Britton has insisted on nursing 24/7. So getting on the computer has been next to impossible. I was lucky today and managed to sneak away to share with you a sweet dessert that is perfect for this time of year.
I’m all about strawberries. Why? For two reasons, the first being I absolutely love strawberries. (What’s not to love?!) The second, the grocery stores are packed! Did you notice tons of this delicious red fruit stocked for Valentine’s Day? I say, take advantage of the abundance and get to cookin’!
If you love strawberry desserts, you’ll want to check out my twist on the traditional banana split. I promise you, my Banana Split Dream Pie is a complete dream to make and eat!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Italian Strawberry Tart
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves 10 / 231 calories per serving
- 8-inch springform pan
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (or substitute with all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- vanilla ice cream
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Lightly grease the 8-inch springform pan.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4) In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar. Add eggs and milk and beat until combined.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until moistened. You do not want to over mix.
6) Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Press strawberries halves deep into dough making a circular pattern of 2 to 3 rows.
7) Bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8) Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.