I can hardly believe that my little Britton is already a month old. I shared a picture of him in his month-old-outfit HERE. I must say he’s looking pretty cute, but I may be a little bias. (If you love seeing photos of babies, be sure to follow me on Instagram. I’ll admit, I just can’t stop snapping the pictures!)
Over the past four weeks, I’ve discovered some wonderful products that make life with a newborn a lot easier. I like to call them My First Month Newborn Essentials. Of course, some of these you’ll continue to use past the newborn stage. But trust me, you’ll want these items waiting for you when you return home from the hospital. So if you’re pregnant or know someone who is, take my advice and check out my 10 favorite items. They’ve all been huge sanity savers!
1) I was a bit shy about trying this wrap but once I did, I fell in love! My Happy Baby Wrap is a great way to keep Britton close but still get some tasks done (or a blog post written!). The wrap supports up to 25 pounds so it’s perfect as a newborn essential.
2) I loved this pillow with my first son and I’m so glad I saved it for Britton. The Boppy Pillow makes it so much easier to breastfeed. Talk about saving your arms! 🙂
3) I shared how I’ve struggled with breastfeeding with my second son. Thank goodness for the Medela Pump in Style Tote Breast Pump. Apparently the more you pump, the more milk your body will produce. Although pumping is never fun, this is a helpful tool to establish your milk supply in the crucial first month.
4) My Britton is such a cutie, but I’ve got to tell you…he can make some stinky poo! lol Enter in my new best friend, Tommee Tippee 360 Sealer. This diaper disposal system individually seals each diaper all the way around to lock in odor. I just drop the diaper in and twist to seal. B-bye stinky odors!
5) Pacifiers have come a long ways baby! 😉 I love the WubbaNub Infant Pacifier. Not only is easier to find, it’s also easier for Britton to hold. It’s like a soft and cuddly soother all in one!
6) For Britton’s bath time, I love to use Honest’s Shampoo + Body Wash. It’s natural, organic, free of chemicals and gentle enough for all newborns sensitive skin. If you’ve never tried Honest products before, now is a great time. You can get 35% Off on Your First Bundle Order at Honest with code MARBUNDLES35OFF Offer valid 3/9/15-3/15/15.
7) My mamaRoo has been a super big help in getting my baby to sleep. I simply fasten Britton in, turn the heartbeat sound on and set the swing to the rock a bye motion and he gently drifts off to never, never land. Which allows me to do the same! Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
8) Every infant needs a few onesies. I love these bodysuits from GAP. Good quality and super duper soft.
9) I wasn’t interested in purchasing bottles for Britton because I thought I would only breastfeed. But in reality, this NaturalFit Gift Set from Chicco was exactly what I needed. The set includes different sized nipples and bottles, the sterilizer, a great cleaning brush and more. Perfect for the first month and beyond.
10) As every mother knows, newborns require lots of stuff when you’re out running errands. I wanted a diaper bag that would compliment every one of my outfits but leave no pacifier behind. 😉 That’s why I am loving my Lily Jade diaper bag. The Elizabeth keeps all of Britton’s items organized and keeps me looking good at the same time. (You can see how I love to wear it HERE. )
Did your favorite newborn item make the list? What would you add?
Disclaimer: I was given some items for free in exchange for writing a review. All opinions are completely my own as you know, I would only recommend products I actually use. This post also contains some affiliate links.