We all know that olive oil is useful when cooking your favorite Italian meal. But did you know that same oil has some fabulous new uses outside of the kitchen?
Discover six new uses for olive oil that will leave you looking differently at this kitchen staple.
1) Unstick a zipper. Using a Q-tip, apply a drop to lubricate the the teeth. (Note: Avoid touching the fabric.)
2) Shine stainless steel. Many cleaning standbys, such as ammonia can dull and even corrode chrome and stainless steel. Olive oil, however, is an effective and safe shining agent.
4) Remove paint from your skin. Rub on olive oil into messy hands and arms and allow the oil to soak into the skin for 5 minutes. Then rinse with soap and water.
5) Stop snoring. Take a sip of olive oil before heading to bed. It may lubricate your throat muscles, and stop yourself and your partner, from snoring.
6) As you bathe. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to your running bath water. You’ll be amazed when you towel off. 🙂