We all know that crock pots are great for cooking
a warm dinner while you’re out of the house.
But did you know that same crock pot can do more than just cook you food?
Discover six new ways to use your crock pot that may cause you to fall in love with it all over again!
1) Remove paint without chemicals. Do you have hardware that is covered in paint? Don’t spend hours scraping, here’s a simple way to remove that paint. Start by placing your hardware into your crock pot, cover with water and then turn your pot on high. The heat and moisture will soften the paint and often it will fall off as a single piece.
2) Dye your yarn. It’s true! You can dye your wool yarn in a crock pot. All you need is a crock pot, some yarn, a few kool-aid packets and this tutorial.
3) Stir up some play dough. As a former kindergarten teacher, I’ve made my share of play dough. But I never knew that I could have made it in the slow cooker. Check out this recipe (it’s even gluten-free) to whip some up for your kids.
4) Make a few candles. Learn how to make your own candles at home very inexpensively following this easy tutorial.
5) Freshen your home. Make your own home air freshener with these six easy combinations.
6) Create your own soap. You can make your own natural soap at home in your crock pot using this step-by-step tutorial.
Do you know a new use for crock pots?
Linking up At: