We all know that ketchup is a wonderful addition to our hot dogs and burgers. But did you know that red tomato condiment can do more than just sweeten your fries?
Discover six new uses for ketchup that might surprise you!
1) Repair chlorine-damaged hair. Did your highlights go green after you went swimming? Correct it with some ketchup! Smooch it in and let it set for 20 minutes, then wash it out thoroughly.
2) Shine your copper. Massage ketchup over the copper-bottom of your pan and watch it dissolve the tarnish away. In the event you have stubborn spots, add a pinch of table salt while you polish.
3) Soothe wounds. Freeze ketchup packets and place them over your finger and other small wounds. It’s basically like a mini-version of those reusable ice packs.
4) Keep silver jewelry sparkling. Let ketchup do the work of shining your silver. If your jewelry has a smooth surface, dunk it in a small bowl of ketchup for a few minutes. If it has a detailed surface, use an old toothbrush to work the ketchup into the crevices. DON’T leave it on any longer than necessary. Rinse clean and dry.
5) Fight skunk odors. If your dog has a run in with a skunk and you’re out of tomato juice, you may want to give ketchup a try.
6) Clean your auto parts. Ketchup does a great job at removing tarnish but not so well in removing dirt. You may need a multi-step process, with some soap and water as well. 🙂
Do you know a new use for ketchup?