Scrumptious baked pumpkin cake donuts coated with melted butter and cinnamon sugar. The ultimate fall treat!
So now that the temps are dipping outside and the leaves are starting to change, it’s time to bring on all the pumpkin treats. If you love pumpkin goodies, these baked pumpkin cake donuts are sure to be hit with you!
I actually baked these on Monday because the day felt soooooo much like fall. It started out very chilly and stayed cool all day long. It was a soft cardigan kinda day. So of course, fall baking just seemed like the natural thing to do.
The great thing about these donuts is if you have a can of pumpkin puree, I’m almost positive you already have all the other ingredients on hand. So no need for any special trips to the grocery store!
Sebastian is my donut lover! But Britton is my sweets lover. So I decided to make the best of both worlds. Donuts for Sebastian and donut holes for Britton. Yep – I pretty much get mom of the year now. 🙂
Wanna know my trick to making donut holes? Mini muffins pan! It’s not a perfect round ball – but I say – close enough!
What takes this simple, classic donut recipe from great to fabulous isn’t the pumpkin. Oh no! It’s actually the cinnamon sugar coating. Most often for this type of topping recipes call for granulated sugar. But I used turbinado sugar instead and it’s amazing on these donuts.
Not only does it add a nice sweetness to the baked pumpkin cake donuts but it also adds a tiny crunchy texture as well! Soooo gooood!
So I do hope you give these baked pumpkin cake donuts and donut holes a try. I’m pretty sure you will be hooked with just one bite! 🙂
And don’t forget to pin this baked pumpkin cake donut recipe for later! 🙂
17 Sweet Pumpkin Recipes
So if you are looking for even more sweet pumpkin treats, I know some fabulous recipes you need to try – all linked below!
Pumpkin Banana Bread or Pumpkin Apple Bread? – My 100 Year Old Home
Spiced Pumpkin Cake with Espresso Frosting – Finding Lovely
Creamy Pumpkin Spice Latte – Satori Design For Living
Pumpkin Pie Muffins – Lemon Grove Lane
Pumpkin Muffins with My Secret Crumb Topping– Happy Happy Nester
Easy Pumpkin Roll Recipe – Jennifer Maune
Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler – Sincerely, Marie Designs
Pumpkin Pie Bars – My Sweet Savannah
One Bowl Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake – Modern Glam
Copycat Starbucks Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins – The Happy Housie
Dairy Free Pumpkin Ice-Cream – Zevy Joy
Pumpkin Pastry Twists – Paint Me Pink
Low Carb Keto Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes – Tatertots & Jello
Pumpkin Madeleines – Most Lovely Things
Baked Pumpkin Cake Donuts – Inspiration For Moms
Easy Mini Pumpkin Pie – Dreaming of Homemaking
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – Twelve on Main
- 2 cups all purpuse flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup turbinado sugar - DIVIDED
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a donut and mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients (flour - baking soda).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1/2 cup turbinado sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla until just combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a round piping tip or a large Ziplock bag with the corner cut off, pipe the batter evenly into the donut and mini muffin pans. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup turbinado sugar and cinnamon.
- When the donuts are finished baking, cool for 10 minutes then brush the tops with butter, and gently toss the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature!