This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PAM Cooking Spray.
Once I had the crust made, I couldn’t wait to add my bananas.
So today I am going to share with you this sweet recipe,
a great cooking tip I’ve learned and I also have a super fun giveaway you won’t want to miss! 🙂
But before I get to the recipe, I want to talk about my favorite kitchen necessity.
When baking, I always make sure to use PAM Cooking Spray so that my recipes don’t stick.
No sticking means less time washing and scrubbing those dishes.
And PAM now leaves up to 99% less residue build-up than butter and other brands of cooking spray.
Plus, the improved formula has ZERO calories.
That means you can go back for seconds, right? Totally! 😉
Banana Cream Pie
For the Crust:
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
6 tbs melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Pie:
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons of corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 bananas sliced and 1 more for garnish
To make the crust:
1) Combine the graham crackers, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon until well blended. Press your mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
2) Bake at 375 degrees, for 7 minutes. Cool.
To make the pie:
1) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn starch and salt. Add milk in gradually while stirring. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture become bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about two more minutes. Then remove from burner.
2) Stir a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yokes. Then immediately add the add the yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture. Cook for two more minutes, remember to keep constantly stirring. Remove the mixture from the stove and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until the whole mixture has a smooth consistency.
3) Slice bananas into the cooled graham cracker crust shell. Then top with the pudding mixture.
4) Chill for at least one hour before serving.
I am super excited to be giving away this prize package valued at $50:
– 1 FULL size sample of PAM Cooking Spray
– 1 Le Creuset Pie Dish (just like mine!)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PAM Cooking Spray. For more information, visit http://www.pamcookingspray.com.