Discover six new uses for fireplace ashes that won’t leave you smokin’. 🙂
We all know that fireplace ashes can be messy.
But did you know those leftover ashes can actually be useful?
1) Clean your glass fireplace doors. Scrub away sooty residue with a damp sponge dipped in ashes.
2) Hide stains on pavement. Clean up wet paint splatters on cement by sprinkling a little ash directly on the top; then blend it in with the bottom of your shoe.
4) Melt ice safely. Sprinkling ash on ice adds traction and de-ices without hurting soil or the concrete underneath.
5) Pump up your tomatoes. For these calcium-loving plants, place 1/4 cup of ash right in the hole when planting.
6) De-skunk your pets. A handful of ash rubbed on Fido’s coat will neutralize any stinky odors.
Do you know of a new use for fireplace ashes?
Linking Up At: