Forget about the box! These delicious homemade cocoa brownies will beat any mix, any time.
I’m guilty. I totally am. I used to think that making brownies from scratch was so much work and totally not worth it. All I needed was a brownie box mix, a couple of eggs and some oil. Mix it up, toss it in the oven – bam – brownies. But I got craving for brownies last week and I had no mix. So I looked around for what I did have and attempted some homemade cocoa brownies.
I have been schooled! These brownies were soooo easy to make and taste WAY better than any box I’ve ever mixed up.
Every bite was chewy, fudgy deliciousness! In the past, I’ve been the official brownie lover in the family. But when I gave the boys a little ‘test’ bite of these cocoa brownies – Britton was begging for more. And he is the pickiest eater in the whole family! This boy will turn down pie! Who does that?!
But not these brownies – he has already asked me to make them again. So happy to welcome another brownie lover to the team. 🙂 And even though Chris doesn’t crave brownie like his amazing wife does, he still admitted these were some of the best brownies he’s eaten.
And you’re a big fan of chocolate like me, you’ll love the addition of semi-sweet chocolate chunks. They give the brownies a nice dark, rich flavor. But next time I make these, I’m going to switch out the semi-sweet for milk chocolate just to taste the difference.
These are so easy to make, I figure why not play around with the ingredients. Maybe even add a few nuts?
If you give them a try, I’d love for you to let me know how they tasted. Or even a quick rate of the recipe would be great! Happy brownie eatin’! 🙂
Don’t forget to PIN these cocoa brownies for reference later!
- 10 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a metal or glass 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in sugar by hand until smooth - about 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Whisk again - about one minute.
- Whisk in melted chocolate chips and combine until smooth.
- Add your dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder and salt) and using a rubber spatula stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing. Top with vanilla ice cream (if you like!).